Monday, February 8, 2010

Surgery #2

Today is the big day, that I have been dreading for about 3 weeks now. Three weeks ago, I met with the periodontist.

Back in December I went for my normal 6 month check up at the dentist and was informed that I need to go for gum grafts on two of my teeth because the gums were receding so much that it is needed to reduce the pain I feel from sensitivity and to help make sure I keep all my teeth.

I knew this day was eventually coming, they have been watching these teeth for years. It just stinks that it is finally here. My hygienist who has been my hygienist for an extremely long time informed me that although she isn't suppose to tell me, it is apparently extremely painful.

I hadn't gone online to read about the surgery because I thought that it would just stress me out but when I started having nightmares when my imagination was getting the best of me I decided to seek out information on the internet. Needless to say, this just scared me more.

So, I still have not totally recovered from surgery #1 which makes me feel crazy that I have another surgery so close but doctors schedules were not working in my favor at the point that all these surgeries were scheduled. So I'm hoping that today isn't as bad as I imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment