Sunday, January 31, 2010

Significance of today...

Four years ago today, Craig and I found out we were expecting a girl.


I think that I will always remember January 31st. I went to the appointment alone. Craig was at the academy and I didn't feel that it was fair to bring someone else and they would find out what we were having before him. A friend of mine was going to Albany for work and although it wasn't planned on my part, I decided to join her so that I could tell Craig in person and show him the ultrasound pictures. I thought it would be so much more meaningful in person. When Craig was in the academy I had to wait for him to call, I had no way to get a hold of him. So Erika and I went to dinner and waited and waited for him to call. Finally he called and of course wanted information which I told him he would have to wait until I saw him and then I let him know that I was only 10 minutes away. He felt bad because he would have called sooner if he had known I was there. We drove to some parking lot of some grocery store and Erika (being a sweetheart) went inside so we could be alone. I showed him the ultrasound pictures and told him to guess (like anyone except experts can read that) and he guessed a boy which then I informed him that it was a girl. We then let everyone else know it was a girl.


After I left Craig that night I went and did some baby shopping. It was nice to know who I would be shopping for. I liked finding out what the sex of my child was, it was another piece to the puzzle of getting to meet her.

Lucky lotto number for the players out there - 435

No comments:

Post a Comment