Wednesday, September 29, 2010

First Soccer Game

Gillian had her first soccer game. It was quite the cluster but a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds couldn't be anything else. She just ran around following the group. She did kick the ball a couple times and she did a throw in (perfectly which we had discussed prior to the game). I asked her on the way home if she was happy with how she played and she said yes. I told her that is what mattered most how she feels she played. I felt this would be a good time to ask if she understood how the game is suppose to be played. She said no so I explained that the goal is for one team to control the ball and score on the other team so if the opposite team has the ball you need to take it away. Well, my daughter is just way to smart. Her response,"I'm only 4 Mom, I'm just learning and I can't run as fast as everyone. I run as fast as I can." She cracks me up and now I know what my Dad went through my entire childhood when he tried to give me pointers....lol

No comments:

Post a Comment