Friday, April 23, 2010

More Sadness

Today Craig's friend was laid to rest. It was a very sad day. He was well known in the community and I hadn't heard anyone say he wasn't a "great guy". The procession had quite a ways to go from the funeral home out to the church. Since Gillian is still sick I didn't want her to have to sit through the funeral so I told her we would go see the fire trucks and motorcycles go by along the route. We got there early so we wouldn't miss them. I knew it would be loud because of all the motorcycles so I warned her of this. I have to say it was the most amazing site to see the fire trucks followed by so many bikes and the limos then more fire trucks. I actually commented to the person standing next to me it was like I was watching the president go by. Cars were pulling over. I had never seen anything like it and I don't think that his friends and family could have planned a better tribute to an amazing person.

Gillian enjoyed the event not realizing she was seeing more than fire trucks and motorcycles. She waved and they waved back. Her upset moment was when all the bikes had gone by and she hadn't figured out which one had her Daddy riding on it. I told her he was there even if she didn't see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment