Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Craig and I have done pretty much everything out of order:) I originally met Craig in 9th grade typing class. Yup, you read correctly I said typing class because computers weren't quite as popular then....lol. We sat near each other in class and it was the only class we had together our entire high school career. We didn't have any common friends. So needless to say we knew who each other was but that was the extent of our relationship.

Fast forward to 2001 and I started to see Craig quite frequently on the bar circuit...lol. I also started to run into him Friday evenings while he was at happy hour with some people I knew. Again, we didn't really say anything to each other. Then in late 2001, I was out (by myself) because the people I had gone out with had left and I wasn't drinking but was visiting with people. Craig and I started talking and it just took off from there. We started meeting up downtown then we started hanging out besides downtown. We became really good friends and eventually started dating.

In August 2003 we bought a house together, we didn't look at it as the commitment that other people probably do. All of our money was still separate and either of us could have walked away at any point. In May 2005, we got engaged on a vacation in Vegas and vowed we would be back for a Vegas wedding. In October 2005, we unexpectedly became pregnant. Wedding plans were put on a hold for a bit and we married in April 2007 in Vegas.

Now 3 years later, I can't imagine my life without Craig. It seems like he has always been there. He is a phenomenal husband and father. Sometimes I don't think he realizes how wonderful he is or what an impact he has had on my life. I know that I would not be the person that I am today without him.

I love you Craig and to many more happy anniversaries together:)

No comments:

Post a Comment