Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March for Babies

I had a conference call with the committee for the March for Babies on Friday. It lasted about 45 minutes and seemed pretty productive. This will be Team Gillian's fourth walk and my first year being on the committee. I'm excited to get more involved with the walk. Although I do still find this time of year stressful with memories, doing the walk side tracks me.

I'm the ambassador Mom which means that I will be sharing Gillian's story at the walk. I read through my speech every couple days so hopefully day of I will be completely prepared. I will also be interviewed by media prior to the walk to help get more publicity.

I'm also in charge of the March for Babies - Plattsburgh facebook page. Not that this is a huge role, I'm keeping everyone updated on facebook and again trying to publicize the walk more. I put the page together yesterday and today I added all the team pictures from last year. Next week I want to add walk pictures from last year and the following week I plan to add pictures from the Preemie Parade. I also plan to give weekly updates of which teams have signed up online from last year. It will keep me busy and I'm glad to help.

This year is also a big year because Team Gillian is going to hit the $10,000 mark in our fourth year of walking. It's a milestone, one that I'm really looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment