Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Accessories...

I’m not sure where the obsession with accessories started or came from but Gillian loves them. Sunglasses, barrettes, necklaces and bracelets are something she cannot leave home without. It isn’t something that we decide to dress her in, she asks for all these things. She wants to grow her bangs out (I know what 3 year old normally makes these decisions) but she said she wanted hair like Mommy and even now when I ask her she tells me the same thing so we have been growing them out since the spring. So every morning I put a fountain on top of her head to keep the bangs out of her eyes (which I plan to do until she can tuck them behind her ear) but the fountain is not enough, we have to have barrettes too. And she has 4 pairs of sunglasses (I know excessive but if my sunglasses only cost $5 I would have tons too), which are on a table by the door for her to grab on the way out. If it is raining then we can’t leave without her Little Mermaid umbrella. I love that she makes these decisions. I’m sure one day her enjoyment of accessories is going to cost us some money but she is worth every penny…

No comments:

Post a Comment