Saturday, September 26, 2009

Shopping Trip

Gillian goes grocery shopping with us every week. She loves to help get all the items on the list. Sometimes I take her on other shopping trips. Gillian has been sick but after 12 hours of sleep seemed much better this morning. I had planned on taking her on a shopping trip but wasn’t sure how she would hold up. I want to decorate her bathroom in a princess theme. Right now it is frogs which it has been for the past 4 years. Right now she feels our half bath downstairs is hers and I want her to feel like the bathroom upstairs is hers so I’m hoping by making it more hers will help Gillian realize that. First stop was Bed Bath & Beyond which I was surprised that they didn’t really have a good selection of kid’s bathroom supplies. From there we headed to Kmart which unless I wanted to get her Sponge Bob they didn’t have much to choose from either but I did get Gillian a apron and hat to bake in. We went to Sam’s Club to pick up some odds and ends with Grammie and Grampie Brooks. Then we went to Target and we found everything princess and I had to explain to Gillian about costs and budgets and why we weren’t purchasing it all today. There were no melt downs which I was impressed by especially since at this point I could tell she was exhausted and sick of shopping. Some pictures from our shopping adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment