Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

I don't think Christmas can be appreciated without a child. I loved Christmas as a child which I think is normal for most children and as I got older, it just became another holiday. Then I became a parent and Christmas has taken on a whole new meaning. I love shopping for Gillian's gifts, I love decorating the house for/with Gillian and I love to see her face Christmas morning. To me that is priceless.

Christmas is an extremely hectic day...which is probably an understatement. Extremely overwhelming I think describes it pretty good. We celebrate 3 Christmases. One at our house with our family, one with my family and one with Craig's family. For me this is overwhelming so you can imagine what it is like for a 3 year old. So I have vowed this is the last year we are doing this...haven't figured out my plan yet but we are not doing more than one Christmas on Christmas day next year. Gillian had a good day, she melted down at the end of the day but so did I so it really wasn't a big deal or something that I didn't anticipate. It is nice to see everyone but the holiday really needs to be relaxed quite a bit so that it is enjoyed.
Christmas at our house
Gillian in her tent.
Gillian and her dinosaurs
Gillian opening a gift
Gillian and the tree after Santa came



Christmas at my parents

My Dad


Erica and Tom


My Mom, Gillian and Zandra

My brother Sean, his GF Andrea and E


Zandra, Gillian and E


My parents and Gillian





Christmas at Craig's parents


Gillian




Christmas Tree

Gillian opening her stocking with Grammie

No comments:

Post a Comment