Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Advent Calendar

When I was a child I loved having an advent calendar for the month of December. My Mom would always try to get us one when they were available but some years they were no where to be found.

Now a days they have advent calendars that you buy and you fill the daily treasures. I think these are fabulous (and this was the 1st year that I told my Mom not to bother doing one for me...lol). My Mom does one for Gillian and one for my neice E. Gillian thinks it is fabulous as well. She calls it "my day" and everyday after dinner she asks to pick her day. Some days it is M&Ms, some a peanut butter cup, some hersey kisses and if the day is empty that means a present. I have told Gillian that the calendar is a count down to Christmas and the day before Christmas is the last day....I don't really think she understands this but we will have to wait and see. Until then, we will keep enjoying her days:)


No comments:

Post a Comment