Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas is coming...

So I had promised Gillian as soon as Thanksgiving was past we could start preparing the house for Christmas. So today I asked Craig to get all the decorations down from above the garage so Gillian and I could start with the tree. I don't do real trees, don't want the maintenance, not sure I could handle the smell, just prefer the fake tree. Anyway, Gillian was thrilled that our task for today was to get the tree up and decorate it. She did really good, I put the branches in but she had to bring me the branches by color when I asked for whatever color was needed. Then she did lights on one side of the tree while I was on the other and then it was time for ornaments. I took them out and she found spots on the tree for them. Gillian did a wonderful job...pictures to come later...

So while getting ready to decorate Gillian brought up the purple Christmas tree she had seen at the store. She kept asking if our tree was purple and I told her that our tree was green and finally the last time she asked I said, "our tree is green like the trees outside." Her response,"All trees are different colors, they aren't exactly the same." How do I argue with that logic? I can't. So after we were done the tree for the living room, Gillian and I packed into the car and drove to the store to buy the purple Christmas tree. We got a few princess ornaments for the tree too. She again did a wonderful job decorating it. Then when we were done and turned off the lights in her bedroom so the tree would light up her room, she asked,"Do you think that Santa will leave a gift under my tree too?" I said,"Of course Santa will, he checks in on all the good little boys and girls that he delivers gifts to and surely he would leave a gift under the beautiful tree." I don't know how she is so smart but I'm so thankful for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment