Friday, July 31, 2009

Growing up

July 30, 2009 when I got home from work, after we ate dinner, Craig, Gillian and I went grocery shopping. This is a normal Thursday ritual for us but we are discussing changes days and times because I had to pop in the grocery store last Sunday at 9am and there were no people there which I thought was fabulous but anyway….we went grocery shopping. Gillian said she had to go potty which I think she was just bored because she had just gone before we left the house but due to the potty training, she says she needs to potty and we are off and running to the bathroom. So we went in the bathroom and no one was in there. Gillian is very entertaining in the bathroom. She points out all the yucky stuff and she likes to discuss all the noises she hears. She constantly makes friends in the bathroom. Today was no different, by the time she was done using the bathroom and going out to wash her hands another person was in there and she politely said, “Excuse me” to the woman so Gillian could wash her hands and then again so Gillian could get to the hand drier. The woman just smiled at Gillian and then looked and me and smiled which made me think – Yes, my child does have manners at age 3. After we left the bathroom, Gillian pointed out that we had no idea where Daddy was…I told her no big deal we would just go through the isles looking until we found him. Gillian said no MaMa and grabbed my arm, so I looked down at her and she took a huge breathe in and yelled out, “DADDY”. I laughed and told her that wasn’t going to work since we are in a store filled with I’m sure other children’s Daddys. I love the moments like this when she totally catches me off guard on what she will do.

It was also a big week for riding in the car. Gillian reached the weight requirement – 30 lbs and height requirement – 38 inches to be able to have a high back booster. Although the car seats we have go up to 50 lbs I believe, she is very cramped in the back of my vehicle. I constantly feel her feet hitting my back. Gillian calls it her chair and absolutely loves it. She had to test sit in both booster seats in both vehicles and wanted me to drive her around in them. I can’t believe how fast the time is going by, I still remember the first time she was put in the carrier car seat for her car seat test in the NICU and when she finally hit 20 lbs and had to move to the regular car seat. She is growing in leaps and bounds.
The baby carrier car seat...

The car seat...

The booster seat...

No comments:

Post a Comment