Saturday, July 4, 2009

Strawberries

Happy 4th of July!

This morning I got up at 8:45AM – that is sleeping in for me. Gillian was at Grammie Brooks’s so Craig and I could sleep in. I made the two batches of brownies and headed over to my parents to pick up Gillian so we could go to Craig’s Uncle’s for a family gathering.

We arrived at Uncle Brad’s and it was the quietest that we have ever seen it. Normally everyone is outside and the place is loud and people are everywhere. There was no one outside (it was quite windy). Everyone was inside so we went in and started visiting. I come from a small family and Craig comes from a large family so it is nice balance. Gillian’s favorite part of the visit was strawberry picking. Gillian loves strawberries. She had an entire bowl for breakfast and she picked a bowl full at Uncle Brad’s. She was so cute following Rachael around to where the strawberries were and trying to be careful not to step on the plants. I could sit and watch her all day…

No comments:

Post a Comment