Sunday, August 2, 2009

Joys of Summer

So we actually had a nice day on Saturday. It was 85 degrees, probably the nicest day we have had all summer. Gillian and I set out to do yard work. There is a bush almost right outside our front door that is very over grown. I have been saying for years that we need to get rid of it all together. But I had a change of heart and decided that I needed to try to trim it back. So Gillian and I got all dressed and headed outside. I’m not a skilled outdoorsman…I actually try to avoid all things outside. So it was a slow start and by the end I was filthy. I know I have taught Gillian to be like me because at one point I was under the bush pulling out weeds and Gillian was standing behind me yelling – “Mom you are getting dirty! And your hair is getting stuck in the bush!” She was totally disgusted but it made me laugh.

Then last night I wanted to introduce Gillian to SMores. I remember when I was young we had a fire pit in the yard and we would sit around and roast marshmallows. I enjoyed it as a child so I thought Gillian might like it as well. She liked roasting the marshmallows but Craig and I ate them. We even gave one to Pooh but she was not impressed either. Maybe it is an acquired taste or something in the next couple years she will grow into…either way she had fun and we had a bit of family time.






No comments:

Post a Comment