Friday, June 4, 2010

Dance Recital

Gillian's dance recital was last night. We had warned her it would be a long day and she was prepared and on her game. Craig and I picked her up from daycare and took her to get her hair done again. She was very excited about getting her hair done and getting on the stage again. I had explained to her ahead of time that I would stay with her until they headed for the stage and that I would go to the audience to watch. Craig and I showed her where we would be sitting so she knew when she was on stage. She didn't have a care in the world. She was excited to perform and was acting like this was an everyday occurrence. Gillian didn't care when I left to go to the audience. She performed in front of hundreds of people and had fun. That is all we wanted. All dance year long we have wondered how this night would go and she did AWESOME! We just hoped she got on stage but she got on stage and moved.

For her second performance she was a hula baby and her grass skirt wouldn't stay up so I was trying to tack it so it wouldn't fall down on stage and Gillian looked at me and said,"Mom I have to go with my people. They will leave without me." I'm not use to her willing leave but normally having to force her to go with her "people".

I have to say that proud does not even describe the feeling I have for her. She did beyond my hopes for her. Enjoy the pics....















No comments:

Post a Comment