Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Leader

It was Gillian’s leader day in school. The first words out of her mouth when I woke her were – It’s my leader day! To say she was excited was an understatement. I put all her normal supplies in her backpack plus her snack to share with the class (some fruit by the foot snack with Scooby-Doo on the box) and her pink dog which was for her show and tell. I was impressed that Gillian ran down a mental check list when she was getting ready to go out the door and me telling her that I put them in the bag wasn’t good enough, she had to check for herself (she is so much like me). I crossed my fingers that the day went as she had hoped.




When Gillian got home she was in a great mood. She loved how her leader day went and is already looking forward to the next one. She even kissed Ned the fish (I had been told prior to this day that she was not kissing Ned the fish…lol). She did tell me how she thought it was unfair that she didn’t get to be leader out to the buses at the end of the day, which I explained was so her teacher could get the right people on the correct bus. She seemed okay with that answer but not overly impressed with the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment