Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I woke up early (like 6 am early) worried about Gracie. All I could think was she was stuck outside, in the freezing cold wishing she was home. I felt like an awful pet owner. We had no idea how she had gotten out, the exact time she went missing or where she went:( This is not like us.

I got up and went to both doors in hopes that she would be sitting there anxiously trying to get in but no such luck. Since I was up I figured I would go to the store and get the paper with all the Thanksgiving day specials and Black Friday specials. As I was walking out to my care I could hear Gracie crying. It was coming from our garage. Somehow she had gotten trapped in there for the night. We had checked there more than once and we had even been outside decorating and not seen her. I'm so thankful she is home.

Our Thanksgiving was nice and relaxed this year. My parents were having a brunch at 10am which was perfect timing because Craig had to be home to be ready for work at 3pm. We didn't expect to be the first to my parents but somehow we managed. We listened to Christmas Carols on the way which seemed to put all 3 of us in the best moods possible. We were even late because we were almost to my parents house and another song we wanted to listen to came on so we drove the long way. Brunch was AWESOME! The Norm breakfast was fabulous like always but more than that everyone seemed to be in a good mood. And there had been doubt that my niece would be able to make it but she was there too. It was so nice that we could all be together.

After breakfast we went home, Craig got ready for work:( Something we didn't want but we all have to do things we don't want to. Gillian and I got to enjoy an afternoon of cuddling and watching TV which was great!

At about 4pm Gillian and I headed over to Craig's parents for Thanksgiving dinner. I had heard that it wasn't going to be a big meal but we got there and Craig's Mom had made all the fixings. Turkey, homemade stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, beans, celery, peas, rolls, cranberry...I consider this meal big. It was GREAT! And apple pie for dessert. I was as stuffed as that turkey had been earlier in the day. After dinner Jody and I went through sales papers and we all chatted. Jody and I went to KMart to see if we could find any deals. It was such a nice and relaxing evening.

I'm so thankful for the family I have and the family I married into....I'm always surrounded by truly wonderful people!

No comments:

Post a Comment