Monday, March 13, 2006

Follow up gone bad

So I went for my follow up today and it didn't go well at all. I went in and they took my blood pressure, came back 140/90 which is normal for me at the moment. I went to give my urine sample, my nurse dipped the normal stick in it and immediately in a panicked voice told me to sit down. So I sat while she left the room and I began to panic - what the hell is going on!

She came back to get me and bring me to a room and my doctor followed her in. My doctor informed me that I now have protein in my urine which is what we knew would eventually happen but we were hoping to make it to 36 weeks...wishful thinking. So I now have preclampsia and I was told I had to be admitted to the hospital so they could keep an eye on me. That is when I lost it. Uncontrollable and hysterical... The doctor kept telling me I need to calm down but calm down is not what I could do, it's too early I kept thinking. I have done tons of research, that is all I have done daily...it is too early is all I kept thinking.

My good friend Erika was off so she was the first on the scene once they got me to a room. She came equipped with candy and magazines. She always knows what to do. She stayed until family got there after work so I wouldn't be alone. The nice part of being in the hospital was that I'm not alone anymore.

I'm so worried about Pooh being stuck home alone. She is my first baby and she has never been left home alone like this. We have people checking in on her and letting her out and spending time with her but it's just not the same. I know she has been worried about me so hopefully she will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment