Friday, May 21, 2010

Relay for life

I have been walking for March for Babies for past 4 years. I've recently started donating blood (which I really enjoy doing, morbid I know). I enjoy doing things that help others.

I have recently joined a team for the Relay for Life. The name of the team is Rand Hill Renegades. The captain of the team participated in the Relay for Life last year and recently has a close family member diagnosed with cancer. If you would like to sponsor me, please go to:

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/BarbaraMiner

I'm also selling raffle tickets (that have really cool prizes and are reasonably priced) and luminaries.

Cancer effects so many people and people of all ages. This is a phenomenal organization that is trying to stop cancer from claiming lives.

The event is June 18th, please feel free to come join. Gillian and I will be attending. Hope to see you there!

(Again written last Sunday - technology break is still going)

No comments:

Post a Comment