Friday, January 14, 2011

24 hours later....

I thought the concept of kindergarten would get better with time but it has given me more time to worry. Not that Auntie Jody has helped reduce my stress in any way as I have been trying to talk her stress level down. But I know it's right for Gillian and she is dying to go so she will go and we will all smile even if we don't necessarily want to.
I broke the news to her daycare lady when I picked Gillian up. She is excited for Gillian and sad that she will be leaving the daycare. When Gillian started at daycare she did not talk and she was very unsteady on her feet. She has grown so much there and we all know it's time for her to move on.
I took the time chatting with Ms. Mary to ask about some of the things from "the list" that I was unsure if Gillian could do. It was nice to find out that we are down to tying shoes as the major thing that she can not do. We will have to start practicing which is hard since it's snow season and there aren't laces on her boots. We will have to think of some game to get Gillian interested in it. We have 8 months to practice so I'm sure we will get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment